Reading More Women Writers

One of my New Year's resolution this year is to read more books, however as the year progress, it's become harder as I simply do not have time, what with law school and moot courts and all that legal texts I have to read. Insufficient time is also the reason why my blog has been dormant for four months. However, if you noticed, I seem to become more active these past few days, posting three book reviews in as many days, which I'm extremely happy about. I sometimes have trouble getting through a book, but yesterday I finished a 274-page book in less than a day and now I'm halfway to a Discworld novel which I start yesterday, so I'm going to take this as a good sign.

One of my other goals this year is to read more books by women writers. It does not mean that I will stop reading male writers altogether, indeed in my TBR pile there're books by Michael Chabon, Terry Pratchett, and Anthony Doerr, so I'm not abandoning male authors altogether. It's just apparent to me that in the previous years, a significant chunk of my book reading time is spent reading books by male authors. At the start of the year, I thoroughly enjoyed Alice Munro and Malala Yousafzai's books, so I know that it's not a matter of quality. After all, there's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.

0 comments:

Post a Comment